v5.11 Release Notes
email@example.com release (June 2023 #1)
Key highlights of this release:
Also check out notable bugfixes.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know if you have any issues.
We intend to add an additional type of plugin to Gatsby called Adapter. Adapters are responsible for taking the production output from Gatsby and turning it into something your deployment platform (e.g. Netlify, Vercel, Self-Hosted, etc.) understands. As part of this work we also intend to add a
adapter option to
We want to make it easier to deploy and host Gatsby on any platform.
You’ll be able to use an adapter inside your
gatsby-config like so:
As part of this RFC we also saw the need to allow setting HTTP headers for request paths which you’ll be able to do with the new
Please give RFC: Adapters a read and let us know what you think!
Up until now you could only have one instance of
gatsby-source-wordpress inside your
gatsby-config. You’re now able to use as many instances as you want as long as you provide a
gatsby-source-wordpress uses a global store to pass information around. This store is now scoped to the
typePrefix which in turn enables support for multiple instances.
In case you missed it, we also enabled typePrefix support for
gatsby-source-contentful to enable multiple instances.
- We merged 50 renovate PRs to update dependencies across various packages. If you’re curious about the changes, you can use this GitHub search.
gatsby-plugin-mdx: Allow modern JS syntax in MDX layout components, via PR #38126
gatsby-source-wordpress: Allow using SSR/DSG when using
options.auth, via PR #38103
screenshotEndpointoption, via PR #38136
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- ModupeD: chore(docs): Add Flightcontrol to “Deploying to Other Services” PR #38194
- averysmithproductions: chore(docs): Update schema-customization type builder types PR #38095
- davwheat: chore(docs): Add note about TS limitations on MDX layout components PR #38104
- naveen521kk: chore(gatsby-plugin-feed): Remove
@hapi/joidependency PR #38205