v5.4 Release Notes
firstname.lastname@example.org release (January 2023 #1)
The whole team took time off for a much deserved winter break and we hope you had relaxing holidays, too! Before the break we spent time doing maintenance work such as updating internal dependencies or fixing some smaller bugs here and there. In case you missed it, we shipped ES Modules (ESM) in Gatsby files in the last release.
So check out the notable bugfixes section to learn more.
Bleeding Edge: Want to try new features as soon as possible? Install
gatsby@next and let us know if you have any issues.
- We merged over 40 renovate PRs to update dependencies across various packages. If you’re curious about the changes, you can use this GitHub search.
socket.ioto address CVE-2022-41940, via PR #37272
0.8.0to address security warning, via PR #37401
SlicePlaceholderPropsTypeScript type, via PR #37409
gatsby-nodein folder names (e.g.
<root>/gatsby-node/on-pre-init.ts), via PR #36712
- Restore asset, path prefix for file-loader handled files (fixing a regression in
email@example.com), via PR #37429
A big Thank You to our community who contributed to this release 💜
- Simply007: chore(gatsby): Adjust information about
- bicstone: chore(docs): fix typo in reference guide PR #37347
- demondragong: chore(gatsby-plugin-google-analytics): Fix typo in README PR #37276
- markacola: chore: Update
.gitpodto use correct Node version PR #37336
- openscript: docs(how-to): remove unecessary decomposition PR #37341
- trentschnee: chore(docs): Update Storybook instructions PR #37321
- xavivars: fix(gatsby-source-contentful): Add contentTypeFilter to Joi schema PR #37403